Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress Policies
Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress is dedicated to assisting our customers in all their furniture needs. Should an issue arise with any furniture purchased at either of our locations please refer to these policies to help answer any questions you might have.
Two delivery professionals will deliver, place items in your home, and assemble them (when applicable). Items are unwrapped and inspected. A two-hour delivery window will be provided the day before delivery. Due to the volume of deliveries, Gustafson’s cannot accommodate for morning, afternoon or a particular time window. All items must be paid in full before delivery may be scheduled.
- Your merchandise must be delivered within 30 days of your order(s) being available/in stock.
- Orders may be rescheduled once if your merchandise has not been loaded for delivery without a fee. Cancellations or changes to you delivery appointment must be made 36 hours prior to delivery.
- Gustafson’s is not responsible for any damage to your property resulting from the delivery of your merchandise. This includes, without limitation, any damage to curbs, driveways, sidewalks, steps, patios, irrigation lines, trees, and/or landscaping.
- Delivery damage to your home and property must be reported at time of delivery.
- Damage to your merchandise must be reported within 48 hours of the delivery.
- Room must be prepared and cleared for delivery of merchandise. We do not move existing furniture.
- Delivery charges are not refundable if you decide to return your merchandise. Credit memos will reflect a credit for all merchandise returned with the exception of the delivery charge. The new sales order written for your reselection will include your newly selected merchandise and a delivery charge.
- If you cancel/reschedule an order less than 36 hours before the day of delivery, you will forfeit your delivery charge and be required to pay an additional full handling fee.
- Delays: Approximate delivery dates are based on standard manufacturer lead times and are subject to change. Gustafson’s cannot be held responsible for delays in transportation, fabric shortages, production or other acts that may result in a delay of a Customer’s order. Failure to deliver merchandise by the estimated delivery date will not give the Customer the right to cancel the order without a 30% restocking fee.
- Rooms and hallways should be cleared for delivery. Our drivers will not move existing furniture; however, they will assist in positioning your new furniture.
- Drivers will not move, setup, disconnect electronic devices including but not limited to TV sets, audio equipment, speakers, and cable boxes.
- We offer mattress removal to customers for a small fee. The mattress must be sanitary and unsoiled. It is at the delivery driver’s discretion whether a mattress is suitable for removal. We do not remove any other types of mattresses or furniture.
- To insure the safety of our drivers, snow or any other pedestrian obstacles must be removed by you before our drivers can accomplish the delivery.
- Difficult and/or unsafe deliveries (such as window entry) and deliveries above the third floor (without access to an elevator) will not be done by our delivery drivers. Hoists and balcony deliveries will not be attempted under any circumstances.
- Please bring original receipt and valid photo ID.
- Identification is required for all pickups.
- If the person picking up the merchandise is not the named purchaser on the sales order they must have the original sales receipt.
- If you need to change your pickup day, please provide a 24 hour notice.
- Upon notification that your merchandise has been received in the warehouse, you must schedule or pickup your merchandise within 30 days or the order will be cancelled.
- Some assembly may be required if you choose to pick up your merchandise.
- If you pick up and assemble your merchandise, Gustafson’s is not responsible once the merchandise leaves our dock.
- Merchandise must be dropped off and picked up for any return, exchange, or for service.
- If picking up special order merchandise and a defect is found, Gustafson’s will provide a service technician to repair that merchandise.
- Pre-scheduling your pick up will significantly reduce wait times.
For your safety and the safety of others, Gustafson’s does not advise and will not help load or tie your furniture in the following situations:
- Any item in the back of any open trailer or flatbed truck.
- Any item on the top of any vehicle or any vehicle rack.
- Any item unsafely stacked on top of another.
- Any situation, including but not limited to those listed above, that we judge to be unsafe.
If you are concerned about the safety of your load, please contact our staff to take advantage of Gustafson’s professional delivery service.
We service all products (excluding accessories, clearance and As-Is items) for one year against manufacturers’ defects. After the one year warranty, we will assist you in obtaining parts from the manufacturer.
- We only service in our delivery areas.
- Relocated Furniture: Damage that may have occurred due to improper handling of the merchandise by moving it, will void Gustafson's one year warranty.
- Extended Warranties: Gustafson’s strictly adheres to manufacturers’ warranties. Extended manufacturers’ warranties that exceed one year will be subject to transportation, labor and service fees.
- Manufacturer Defects: Product warranties vary by manufacturer. Gustafson’s will help facilitate service based on the terms and conditions of the manufacturer’s warranty. Gustafson’s will provide service at no charge for the first 90 days after purchase in your home. After 90 days of the product being in your home, inspection fees, delivery fees, and technician labor costs may apply.
- Outside Manufacturers’ Warranty: Gustafson’s will provide a technician referral in your area.
- Upholstery/Area Rugs: Dye lots and swatches seen at the store may differ slightly from actual dye lots on delivered manufacturers’ products. Gustafson’s is not responsible for any of these dye lot variances. Upholstered fabrics are warranted against defective material or workmanship for one year from the date of purchase under normal care and use. This warranty does not cover fading, pilling or shrinkage and is not valid where there is evidence of heavy soiling or abuse. Fabric damage or fabric failure due to improper cleaning or animal use is also excluded from the warranty. Consult your protection plan for proper cleaning instructions. The fabric warranty will not be honored if any evidence of animal use is found.
- Leather is a natural material and surface marks and variances in color show that the leather is genuine top grain. Gustafson’s cannot be responsible for these natural variances in leather.
- Accessories: Carefully inspect all pictures, lamps, accessories and area rugs before you take them with you. Accessory items are not serviced.
- Deferred Billing Plan: During service, your billing plan remains in effect. Your original promotion period deadline does not change. Monthly payments must be made during service/exchanges on deferred billing plans to avoid late charges or interest.
Return and Refund Policy
- 7 Day Furniture Return Policy: Gustafson’s provides a 7 day return policy after delivery or pickup on all qualifying furniture in its original condition. Returning or reselecting any furniture will result in a 30% restocking fee and an additional delivery pick up fee. After 7 days, the merchandise can no longer be returned or exchanged. Returned furniture must be back to Gustafson’s within 7 days of the original delivery or pickup date to avoid the disqualification of your return.
- Special Orders: Full payment is required for special order merchandise. You have two days to cancel your special order from the time you place your order in our store. However, after this two day cancellation window, there will be a 30% restocking fee that is neither refundable nor transferable. After delivery or pickup of the merchandise, special order merchandise is non-returnable.
- Damaged or Defective: Any damaged or defective furniture needs to be reported within 48 hours. We will service all damaged or defective furniture (excluding accessories, clearance or As-Is items) in accordance with our warranty policies.
- Accessories: Tabletop items, wall décor, accent pillows, linens, lamps, florals, and area rugs can be returned to a showroom within 7 days of delivery or pickup. Merchandise must be in its original condition and packaging. Special Order accessories are non-returnable.
- Other Non-Returnable and Clearance: All merchandise sold as “Clearance”, “Floor Sample”, or “As-Is” are not eligible for return. Other items that are non-returnable include: items marked “Non-Returnable”, items you have assembled, items used in a commercial space or model home, and gift cards. This merchandise is also not eligible for the manufacturer's limited warranty or extended protection coverage.
- Non-Refundable Services: Delivery charges, and any other service(s) provided on behalf of Gustafson’s are non-refundable once the service is in progress.
- Refunds: Your refund will automatically go back to the original form of payment used for the purchase. In the event you used multiple forms of payment, your refund may be issued across all payment methods used. If your order is split between any form of payment and Gustafson's financing, your refund amount is first applied to your Gustafson's financing account. Refunds to a credit card typically take 3-5 days. Refunds for payments made via cash or personal check will be mailed in the form of a check and may take up to 10 business days.
Special Order Merchandise
Having a one of a kind item made for you can make your room special and unique, and we are glad to assist you in beautifying your home. Below are some important things you need to know about your special order.
A special order is:
- An item not displayed on the floor.
- An item not stocked in our warehouse.
- An item displayed in our store, but available in a different color, size, or finish.
Our 7 Day Return Policy does not apply to special orders. However, factory warranties and Gustafson's one-year service policies do apply. A 30% fee will apply to all returned or cancelled special order merchandise – no exceptions.
You have 2 days to cancel your special order from the time you place your order in our store. However, after this 2 day cancellation window, the 30% deposit is neither refundable nor transferable. After delivery or pickup of the merchandise, special order merchandise is non-returnable.
If your merchandise does not fit in your room (down the hallway, up the stairs, etc.) it cannot be returned since our manufacturers will not allow returns. Do not special order if you feel this may be a problem. Please take accurate measurements before ordering.
Dye lots on fabric samples may differ in shade from those actually delivered by the manufacturer. Gustafson’s is not responsible for any dye lot differences.
If an item arrives damaged, our extensively trained, skilled craftsmen can restore the piece(s) to original condition. Furniture manufacturers, like auto and computer manufacturers, repair/replace component parts and do not replace the entire item.
All damage claims must be reported to our Service Department within 48 hours.
If the item is materially damaged upon delivery, Gustafson's reserves the right to:
- Inspect damaged merchandise in your home.
- Provide service in your home, at our warehouse, or at the factory depending on service required.
- Repair or replace merchandise at the discretion of Gustafson's Customer Service.
- Service may be denied if damage was discovered to have occurred after delivery.
If for any reason you cancel or fail to take delivery of your special order merchandise, you will be charged a 30% restocking fee.