Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress Policies
Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress is dedicated to assisting our customers in all their furniture needs. Should an issue arise with any furniture purchased at either of our locations please refer to these policies to help answer any questions you might have.
In order to assure the best pricing for all of our customers at Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress, all orders are non-cancelable including special orders, display items, or stock items. As-Is merchandise is sold with no warranty and all sales are final.
Special order items are defined as any item that is not in stock at the time the order is placed and must be ordered from the supplier to fill the customer order. Display items are not considered to be stock items unless the customer is expressly purchasing the display model and the order is noted as such. Stock items are defined by any item that is delivered from stock that is in Gustafson's Showroom or warehouse at the time the order is placed.
Exceptions to these policies are only at the discretion of management and a pro-rated restocking fee will apply.
Furniture Warranty Claims
Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress wants to ensure that you are happy with your purchase. Should any issues arise that need attention through your manufacturer's warranty, we want to help facilitate that process. Please gather a copy of your receipt and photos of any defects or issues, and email all details and questions you might have to firstname.lastname@example.org. A representative from our service department will contact you once all information has been reviewed. Please allow one week for proper review of any potential claims.
The manufacturer is solely responsible for warranty fulfillment. Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress facilitates this process, but we are ultimately bound to the requirements set forth by the manufacturer.
If you experience issues that fall outside the manufacturer's warranty, Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress will direct you to an authorized service provider.
Mattress Warranty Claim Terms
The majority of products sold by Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress are covered by a manufacturer's warranty. The manufacturer warranties their own products. Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress is happy to assist you with your manufacturer's warranty process except where prohibited.
What is covered by Manufacturer's Warranty?
Warranties protect your purchase from manufacturing defects, not from damage caused by use or normal wear and tear. Soiled or stained merchandise is not eligible for a warranty claim. The mattress must have a Law Tag and must be free from any stains, burns, torn fabric, odors, smoke, watermarks, pet hair, or discoloration to qualify for a warranty return. A mattress protector is a required purchase with mattress to be eligible for a warranty claim. Body impression is normal and expected with all mattresses. Warranties do NOT cover body impressions under 1 1/2 inches for spring mattresses, 3/4 inch for Serta iComfort and Tempur-pedic foam mattresses, or 1 1/2 inches for all other foam mattresses. To be eligible for warranty, mattress must be properly supported by approved foundations. Approved foundations include: new box springs and a frame with center support leg, adjustable base, or platform bed with 5 slats and a center leg. The manufacturer does require all King and Queen sets MUST have center support(s).
How do I file a mattress warranty claim?
For Tempur-Pedic please contact the manufacturer directly at (800) 821-6621. Tempur-Pedic handles all of their own warranties directly.
For all other mattress defects covered under warranty, please refer to our Mattress Warranty Claim Form. You will need a copy of your receipt and the original name on the invoice. Mattress warranties are non-transferable from the original purchaser. Please allow up to two weeks for us to contact you to schedule your inspection appointment to evaluate the condition of the mattress. The customer is responsible for a $39.95 inspection fee*. Manufacturer's warranties do not cover delivery or inspection fees associated with the warranty process.
Please be aware that you will be asked to take pictures of the defective merchandise and upload them as image files. At least one (1) photo is required for all mattress warranty claims. Linens must be removed from mattress for all photos. Photos must clearly show the defect you are experiencing. When you are contacted by Gustafson's Furniture to start processing your claim, you may be asked to provide additional photos.
* We are only required to handle mattress warranty claims within our local delivery area. All customers with claims outside of our local delivery area should contact the manufacturer directly. For any mattress brands not listed here, please refer to the manufacturer's original warranty.
I filed a claim. What is the next step?
Should your warranty claim be approved, you will receive an in-store credit toward the exchange of the defective product. You may use this credit to purchase the equivalent mattress or you may choose to upgrade to another mattress at an additional cost to you. There are no cash refunds or in-store credit issued for spending less than the value of your warranty claim amount. Upon delivery, you will be required to provide the original mattress in the condition in which it was inspected. It is recommended that you make an appointment with your sales associate to help you re-select your mattress Monday through Friday. There will be a delivery fee assessed on all warranty exchanges based on the delivery address.
NOTE: The manufacturer is solely responsible for warranty fulfillment. Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress facilitates this process, but we are ultimately bound to the requirements set forth by the manufacturer.
120 Night Sleep Guarantee
Thank you for your recent mattress purchase at Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress! You have 120 nights to decide if the mattress you selected is a good fit for you. In order to qualify for this benefit, your purchase must meet the following conditions:
- An approved, non-refundable mattress protector must be purchased at the time the mattress is purchased.
- The 120 Night Sleep Guarantee only applies to mattresses in which you paid $999 or more for the mattress only.
- Sleep on your mattress for a minimum of 30 nights, to allow your body to adjust to the feel of your new mattress.
- If you are not happy with your purchase, you must contact Gustafson's Furniture and Mattress within 120 days of the date your mattress was delivered/picked up, but no sooner than 30 days from that date.
- Your mattress exchange will be contingent on an inspection of the mattress. Our technician will come to your home and inspect your mattress to verify that it is in like-new condition, and free of dirt, stains, odors, smoke damage, pet hair and general wear and tear. The technician will also verify that the mattress is supported by the appropriate foundation (i.e. new box springs and frame with a center leg support, platform bed or adjustable bases).
- You will be contacted by our service department once the determination has been made to authorize your exchange.
- Exchanges must be for equal or greater value. No refunds or in-store credits will be issued. If you select a more expensive mattress, you are responsible for the difference in price, including any applicable taxes.
- All exchanges will be scheduled for delivery, and the customer will be responsible for delivery charges. Delivery drivers will verify that the return mattress is in inspected condition at the time of pickup.
- Gustafson's provides one 120 Night Sleep Guarantee exchange per qualifying mattress purchase. This guarantee excludes adjustable bases, custom size mattresses, floor models, clearance, closeout and "AS IS" mattresses.
Additional Manufacturer's Warranty Information
- Please read all warranty and care information that comes with your new mattress.
- We honor all manufacturer warranties based on the terms and conditions at the time of the sale.
- Please do not remove the white law label or the model name labels, as these serve as a means of identification for your manufacturer's warranty.